The UK Metals Council is seeking an experienced and dynamic individual to work with the Metal Council Chair to ensure delivery of the Metals Council’s strategic aims.
The UK Metals Council is an umbrella body representing the UK’s metal industry and tasked with delivering the Metals Sector’s vision for the future. The Metals Council is funded by 11 trade associations and organisations through the Metals Forum. The Council is formed of Senior industry representatives.
The role requires a self-motivated and dynamic individual to:
• Raise the profile of the UK Metals Industry through the Metals Council
• Articulate and define the main objectives and targets, working alongside the Metals Council Chair and work stream members.
• Development of a work program with clear milestones to support the achievement of these objectives.
• Co-ordinate an implementation strategy to deliver the work plan and meet planned milestones
• Assist in the oversight and management of the delivery of any projects that support the overall work plan.
• Report back, together with the Chair, against key performance targets and programme progress to the Metals Council and Metals Forum, as well as providing reports to government and industry as required.
• Engage with the Metals Sector, in particular through the Metals Forum members and Council work streams.
• Liaise with Government and other stakeholders to ensure ongoing support for the Metals Council and to identify partners and funding streams, including responding to consultations.
• Support the Metals Council in obtaining funding for the Metals Council secretariat and specific projects.
• Provide secretariat support to the Metals Council including regular communications between the Council, its work stream members and the TAs, as well as preparing minutes and agendas and coordinating meetings.
• Manage the day to day running of the Metals Council ensuring that all of its statutory obligations are met.
• Ensure the MC website is maintained.
• Manage the MC administrator
The successful applicant is likely to possess the following:
Knowledge and experience
• Degree or equivalent,
• 3-5 years’ experience with a trade association or in the wider metals industry, developing strategic plans and implementing projects, with an interest in manufacturing, business issues, current affairs and marketing
• Understanding of the political lobbying environment.
• Experience of having worked successfully with government officials and civil servants would be desirable.
• Capable of representing the sector at senior levels.
Other skills and attributes
• Excellent organisational, presentational and written skills with the ability to communicate to senior professionals on strategic issues,
• Relationship builder with a presence; persuasive and diplomatic
• Ability to work effectively with contacts at all levels of government and industry Ability to work independently and think creatively,
• Ability to develop new policy ideas and perspectives with highly developed analytical and problem solving skills,
• Business awareness and experience of working within a commercial environment,
• Resourceful and opportunistic, able to drive programs forward and to deliver on multiple objectives within set time limits.
Time Requirement: It is anticipated that up to 90 days per year will be required, but there is some flexibility to bring in other contract support to complete specific tasks or projects. The role will be paid on a per diem contract basis, monthly, in areas on receipt of an invoice. Additional out of pocket expenses will be paid on an agreed rate.
To apply please send CV and covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: 30th November 2018