Job Title : Office Manager / PA to CEO
Reports to : CEO
Start date : ASAP
The Office Manager is responsible for running the new BCF offices in Coventry (and setting this up) and for managing staff who have responsibility for membership communications, member meetings, membership services, training and financial administration.
The role also includes PA duties for the CEO, to include travel/expenses and managing the CEO’s diary, emails and meetings, and acting Company Secretary duties for the BCF Board
• Management of the office and property, to include responsibility for contracts for the building, including IT support, broadband and telephone lines, security and alarms, photocopier, insurance, rates, utility bills, air conditioning, office and window cleaning, safety and fire extinguishers, kitchen facilities, building and garden maintenance.
• Book travel for CEO, including flights, trains, taxis, visas and managing expenses.
• Manage CEO outlook calendar / arranging meetings with members, prospects, stakeholders, MPs, government officials. Provide relevant paperwork for CEO when travelling, including relevant minutes/agendas. Ensure contacts are in CEO outlook.
• Liaise with Head of Membership who helps manage the CEO’s email communications.
• Ensure smooth running of the office and manage three members of the back office team.
• Ensure cover of staff absences and support with general administration in the team as required. Manage full BCF team’s holiday and sickness dates, and weekly whereabouts.
Specific accountabilities (continued)
• Acting Company Secretary for BCF Board of Directors – completing and filing the annual returns at Companies House for 4 x companies, ensure that all details held at Companies House are correct and to ensure that any new directors or resignations are dealt with in the appropriate manner, arrange and attend Board meetings, taking appropriate minutes to ensure an accurate record is maintained and distribute as required, ensure the election and re-election of the Board and Sector Councils are carried out in accordance with the Articles, arrange an EGM if deemed necessary at any point throughout the year.
• Take minutes at key BCF meetings (approx. one a month) and manage follow up action with the team (via Asana and face to face). Support CEO in preparation for these meetings (following up previous actions, preparing slides/papers etc).
• Manage relationship with BCF’s outsourced finance function.
• Manage the Technical and Membership Administrator, whose responsibilities include: to ensure BCF member communications are accurately and promptly uploaded to the intranet and send to the appropriate BCF committees; to ensure BCF’s database is kept up to date, to proactively improve member engagement with BCF; to coordinate mail merges etc for mailings.
• Manage the Training and Finance Administrator, whose responsibilities include: to ensure Coatings Training Institute students are supported through their on-line studies, working with CTI training tutors. Register students, allocate tutors, send certificates, help with promoting training to members. To oversee flow of invoices, purchase orders, expenses and other financial information with BCF’s outsourced finance function.
• Manage the Administrative Assistant, whose responsibilities include: ordering, receiving and serving catering for BCF member meetings, handling marketing mail outs, event support for the marketing team, manning reception when needed, supporting Office Manager as needed.
Skills and competencies
- Excellent managerial and people skills
- Highly organised and efficient
- Diplomatic and trustworthy
- Customer focused
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent IT skills (MS Office)
- Attention to detail
- Good team player, self starter
- Understanding of finance function
Education & Experience
Must have :
- Experience in office and building management, managing a small team
- Experience in executive support
- Experience working with a CRM system
- Financial administration experience
Nice to have :
- Experience of company secretary role
- Training administration
If you are interested in applying for this role, please contact Alison Brown on Alison.Brown@bcf.co.uk