JOB TITLE: Membership and Education Assistant
REPORTING TO: Finance & Membership Officer
LOCATION: Shoreditch, London
WORKING HOURS: This is a full-time permanent role; normal working hours will be 9-5 35 hours per week. You may be required to work additional hours which are to be unpaid
HOLIDAYS: 22 days (plus bank holidays) with an additional day with each year’s service, to a maximum of 25 days.
Main Purpose of the Job:
To support the education and membership activities through excellent customer service towards members and students and by coordinating events in an organised and professional manner:
· To be the key liaison point for matters related to education and Institute membership
· To organise branch events and manage the member lifecycle for the Institute (including but not limited to processing new applications and renewals)
· To provide admin support to the education programme, coordinating exams, training courses and maintaining records and producing management reports and analysis
· To be the Secretary to the Institute and Education committees – taking minutes, arranging the meetings, producing papers and managing action lists.
Main Duties/ Task:
- IAI membership
- Maintain and develop the IAI membership database (including but not limited to contact details, meeting attendance and CPD compliance)
- Produce and distribute IAI annual membership cards, crest and certificate, monitor all course work activity and convey results to new and renewing members
- To manage the annual renewals process and deliver new member recruitment initiatives
- Responsible for updating and developing the Institute section of the website with details of forthcoming branch meetings as well as production of IAI e-bulletins
- Act as the Head Office point of contact for the IAI Branch Chairmen
· Maintain the procedural manual for Institute activity and have oversight of the regional activities
· In liaison with the Director and Institute Chairman to organise and attend IAI Executive committee meetings, producing accurate minutes. Ensure all action points are monitored and progressed in accordance with committee expectations.
- Provide management information as required.
- Education Programme
· Maintain accurate learner records on the Guild’s systems (including but not limited to exam results and contact details)
· Update module’s content as directed by the T&D Manager and update the exam question bank annually
· Act as first point of contact for learner queries and communication regarding coursework deadlines, exam bookings and such
· Organise classroom training and in-house training courses and undertake all associated tasks.
· Organising examination venues (and invigilation) in the UK and overseas, and distribution of training materials, as necessary.
· Provide analysis of student performance, examination results and other management information for consideration by GAI committees.
· Organising certificates and medals for the end of year studies.
· Collate all examination results and present and communicate information as appropriate (for example to students and training managers)
- Prepare online surveys to understand the student experience of the education journey and present findings as appropriate
· Liaise with the Training and Development Manager to organise and attend Education committee meetings, producing accurate set of minutes. Ensure all action points are monitored and progressed in accordance with committee expectations
- General duties
- Supports the activities of the Fire Door Inspection Scheme (FDIS) (including but not limited to exam administration and production of Inspector cards)
- Working as part of a small team, assist in the delivery of major events throughout the year
- Be the first point of contact to answer phone calls and general emails providing timely, professional customer service at all times
- As part of a small team, assist in the general upkeep of the office
- To undertake any task that may be delegated to the job holder from time to time.
Key Skills/ Experience:
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Experience using CRM and CMS software
- Be customer service orientated preferably in a membership and/or education environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Organised and able to work to strict deadlines
- Takes ownership of role and builds a strong rapport with members and students
- Solid communication skills (both verbal and written) as it will be necessary to liaise with numerous parties, internal and external, some of whom are volunteers
- Demonstrates initiative to improve the present systems and processes.
- Enthusiasm and energy for getting the job done