RESPONSIBLE TO:- CEO
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:- To provide management and/or oversight of the BFPA Programme of Events.
· To act as the facilitator and manager of the following type of member events:- (Example list.)
- The BFPA Ball/Dinner & Dance (annual)
- BFPA Golf Days (3 per annum)
- The BFPA Past Presidents’ Lunch (annual)
- The BFPA Attendance at the FP&S Show (every other year / biennial 2018/20/22 etc.)
- The BFPA Attendance at the Hannover Fair in Germany (every other year/biennial 2019/21/23 etc.)
- The BFPA Industry Dinner, or an equivalent event (annual)
- The BFPA Technical Conference
- Any other external meetings as necessary e.g. hosting the CETOP annual assembly when in the UK or a new programme of technical and non-technical BFPA seminars.
· To contribute to and where necessary, undertake Marketing / Sales activities associated with promoting the above events and meetings. Will include both telephone and face-to-face communication as well as the usual electronic media.
· To work with the CEO and other staff in the development of new member events as necessary.
· To maintain an up-to-date flow of copy and content relating to the BFPA events for use in the BFPA monthly e-bulletin and on the relevant pages of the BFPA Website.
· To provide regular reports on event activities for tabling at the BFPA Board and BFPDA Council Meetings.
· Fielding of day-to-day queries (internal and external) relating to the BFPA events programme.
These responsibilities are intended as a guide and are not considered to be exhaustive. Like all staff, in the best interests of the company, the job holder may occasionally be asked to undertake additional duties as may be considered fair and reasonable.
This is very much a front of house role requiring regular communication with member companies, suppliers, contractors & other stakeholders. The chosen candidate will therefore need to be:-
· A confident self-starter with good verbal and written communication skills. A ‘people-person’ with high emotional intelligence.
· A committed, loyal and enthusiastic individual with a persuasive manner and a ‘can-do’ attitude.
· A good work ethic and a willingness to travel alone to venues and meetings around the country as necessary. (May involve occasional overnight stays. Could require work/travel outside normal nine-to-five hours.)
· Sufficient commercial awareness to ensure that the financial aspects of a given event are in-line with company expectations and policy. (Where possible the company seeks to make events profitable although this may not always be possible or be the chosen strategy.)
· An ability to operate under pressure without becoming over-stressed whilst maintaining a calm, friendly and cheerful demeanour.
· Sufficient attention to detail and a level of organisation that ensures that events are well managed and ‘under-control.’
· Willing to take responsibility for decision making and furthering the best interests of the company.
· Customer focussed and market driven rather than operationally driven. Willing to ‘go the extra mile.’
· Experienced in running events with previous organisations.
· An awareness of new digital media and its role in event management, promotion and execution.