About the role: This role requires working closely with the Head of Events and Events Manager on the delivery of all of BESA’s UK and International seminars, events and exhibitions. You will be playing an important role in a small, but hard-working and dedicated team which services one of the most important sectors in the UK, which is rapidly expanding its exports overseas.
Detailed duties and responsibilities:
- Working closely with the relevant managers on the running of seminars, Special Interest Groups (SIGs) and regional events, including: marketing the events, liaising with speakers and venues and dealing with all of the necessary logistics.
- Attending and, in some instances, running BESA’s presence at international exhibitions, helping with all the logistics and assisting companies to ensure the aspect of the show BESA is involved in runs smoothly.
- Coordinating “influencer dinners” taking place in London, and potentially across the UK/globally.
- Coordinating the roll-out of BESA’s regional events programme and parliamentary debates and networking events, including liaising with speakers, ensuring attendance levels and member satisfaction.
- Creating a BESA manual for each event so exhibitors have all the information for the event and know what to do such as which forms to complete, as well as a UK / BESA brochure.
- Maintenance of an up-to-date timetable of all UK events / exhibitions, planned up to 12 months ahead.
- Creation of marketing letters, emails, leaflets and pages on the website.
- Drafting emails to our members and non-members about shows, updating the CRM accordingly.
- Liaising with event organisers and processing grant applications.
- Collating all the feedback from companies after a show.
- Working with the Communications Manager to create monthly BESA export group newsletter and send to members in our export group, alongside putting together the international section for weekly export pointers, weekly news and insight.
- Dealing with member enquiries relating to international areas and UK event queries, when best placed to do so.
- Assisting with general office administration on an ad hoc basis as required by managers and directors.
What you have to offer:
- Hard working individual looking to grow their career as part of a small dedicated team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Excellent presentation skills and telephone manner with the confidence to engage with a wide range of companies, often with individuals at a senior level.
- Strong organisational skills, with an ability to juggle a number of often very varied tasks under pressure.
- First-class customer service skills.
- Excellent drafting skills and ability to write engaging copy.
- Experience in use of databases, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Personable, engaging individual who has the ability to add value to the overall team effort.
- Enthusiastic and committed to achieving both individual and organisational goals, demonstrating a clear understanding of BESA and what it is trying to achieve.
- Competitive salary.
- Pension scheme.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- The role has a three-month probationary period.
- Estimated start date: Immediate, although notice periods are fully taken into account.
Other details: Applications will only be considered when accompanied by a covering letter outlining your interest in the role, and specifying why you would like to work at BESA. Generic applications will be rejected.
Reporting lines: Reports to the Events Manager
Hours: Monday – Friday (9am – 5pm)
Location: Canary Wharf, London (with some travel in the UK / Internationally)
Salary: £27,000 or potentially higher depending on experience
How to apply: Submit a CV with a covering letter by an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) outlining your interest in the role, and specifying why you would like to work at BESA in particular. Applications submitted without an accompanying covering letter that demonstrates an understanding of what BESA does will be not be considered.
Application deadline: 5pm on Friday 11 August 2017.