Job title: Director of FMB North
Location: Rothwell, Leeds, West Yorkshire
Reporting to: Director of External Affairs
Salary: £40,000 per annum plus attractive package
To act as the voice of the FMB in the north of England and ensure the FMB’s strategic objectives are delivered with support from the three area boards.
· Work with the External Affairs team to:
- Represent the FMB to policy makers, the media, industry stakeholders and other relevant bodies to promote the interests of FMB members in line with the UK-wide strategic plan;
- Increase the FMB’s reputation, profile and influence within the north of England by building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders, including the local government, national, local and trade press contacts and the business community;
- Identify suitable members to provide a network of expert spokespeople in the north of England on issues of interest to the FMB;
- Act as a spokesperson in front of external audiences, including the media.
· Ensure the FMB’s activities in the north of England are communicated via the website, social media and newsletters in an accurate and timely fashion.
· Use social media to engage with key audiences, including policy makers, industry stakeholders, members, potential members, consumers and press contacts.
Member engagement and governance
· Plan and organise the area board meetings and the FMB North Annual General Meeting.
· Maintain, and increase where appropriate, the membership of the area boards.
· Attend branch/members’ meetings where possible to encourage member participation and facilitate FMB policy development.
· Work with the External Affairs team to support the successful delivery of regional conferences, awards, dinners and other events that can appeal to FMB members, potential members, industry stakeholders, policy makers and the media. Provide strategic advice regarding suitable event content.
· Support new member recruitment initiatives and delivery of recruitment of members.
· Support retention and sales policies for members and Service Providers alike, as advised by the Senior Management Team.
· Work with the other Hub Directors to share best practice.
3. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND APTITUDES
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
· Skilled at recognising work priorities and organising own time and able to work within a team.
· Experience of developing, effectively managing and reporting on budgets, income and costs.
· Experience of working and building relationships with policy makers and industry stakeholders.
· Thorough understanding of FMB’s services, policies and procedures.
· Advocacy and diplomacy skills.
· Competent user of standard office software including MS Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint. Administratively self-sufficient.
· Competent user of social media including Twitter and LinkedIn.
· Full driving license.
· Willing and able to work outside of normal office hours to attend meetings and events, including at weekends, involving travel and occasional overnight stays.
· Educated to degree level or by experience.
· Sound knowledge of the construction industry.
· Experience of working in trade associations or membership bodies.
· Professionally qualified in management, construction or marketing.
To apply for the role of Director of FMB North, please send your CV and covering letter to Sarah McMonagle, Director of External Affairs, via Sarah McMonagle.
The deadline for response is close of play on 31st December 2017.