London Director – Federation of Master Builders - £40,000 + car allowance
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Federation of Master Builders (FMB) to become the Director of the London region. The FMB is the largest trade association in the construction industry, representing the interests of thousands of small and medium sized building companies across the UK. The FMB is divided into eleven regions with London being the largest with over 1,000 members. The London Director acts on behalf of the FMB to ensure our members’ needs are met.
The Director’s role would suit an individual with a proven track record of working within a membership organisation. The Director will have responsibility for governance, membership engagement including recruitment and retention, commercial, and ambassadorial functions. Please see job description.
To apply, send a CV and covering letter outlining how you think your application meets the requirements of the position to Brian Berry email@example.com by Friday 17th May 2019.
Federation of Master Builders
Job title: Director of FMB London
Reporting to: Senior Hub Director
To act as the FMB’s representative in the London region and ensure the FMB’s strategic objectives are delivered with support from the London Area Board.
• Plan and organise the FMB London Area Board meetings and Annual General Meeting.
• Maintain, and increase where appropriate, the membership of the Area Board.
• Attend branch/members’ meetings.
• To safeguard members and others’ personal data, in accordance with all relevant data protection legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) in force from May 2018.
• To participate in all training and guidance offered by FMB on GDPR, and to keep this knowledge up to date.
(ii) Membership Engagement
• Support and deliver new member recruitment.
• Support and improve retention of members in the London region.
• Work with the other Hub Directors to share best practice.
• Work with the Membership Team to support improved membership engagement at the local level.
• Work with the Communications Team to support the successful delivery of regional conferences, awards, dinners and other events that can appeal to FMB members, potential members and industry stakeholders.
• Work with the FMB teams to support new and existing commercial opportunities that will generate income.
• Represent the FMB to the media and industry stakeholders and other relevant bodies to promote the interests of FMB members in line with the FMB’s strategic plan.
• Increase the FMB’s reputation within London by building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders, including Local Authorities and the business community.
• Ensure the FMB’s activities in London are communicated via the website, social media and newsletters in an accurate and timely fashion.
• Use social media to engage with key audiences, including policy makers, industry stakeholders, members, potential members, consumers and press contacts.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND APTITUDES
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
• Skilled at recognising work priorities and organising own time and able to work within a team.
• Experience of developing, effectively managing and reporting on budgets, income and costs.
• Experience of working and building relationships with policy makers and industry stakeholders.
• Advocacy and diplomacy skills.
• Competent user of standard office software including MS Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Administratively self-sufficient.
• Competent user of social media.
• Willing and able to work outside of normal office hours to attend meetings and events, including at weekends, involving travel and occasional overnight stays.
• Educated to degree level or by experience.
• Knowledge of the construction industry.
• Experience of working in a trade association or membership body.
• Management or skills-based qualification.