British Metals Recycling Association (BMRA), the representative body for metal recyclers in the UK, is seeking to appoint an excellent communicator to join its dynamic and friendly team based in Huntingdon.
Working alongside the Public Affairs and Communications Manager, you will help to promote the metal recycling sector’s key messages through a range of different channels. You will also help manage the Association’s reputation with the media and stakeholders.
The Communications Executive will be responsible for the Association’s website, write/commission content, and be responsible for managing BMRA’s social media channels. You will also help manage and execute the production of printed materials for members and industry partners.
The role is extremely varied and offers an ideal opportunity for the right candidate to develop their skills. With excellent writing and proofing skills, you will ideally have a degree in journalism or English. An interest in the environment and recycling would be a distinct advantage but is not a requirement. As we are a small team, the ability to work independently and under pressure is key.
To be successful in the role you will have the following attributes:
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, especially the ability to write copy and create content for different audiences.
• Experience in using social media/digital marketing in a business context, including the sue of tools such as Google Analytics
• Creative ideas with the ability to turn ideas into action.
• A proactive, positive attitude and a willingness to learn.
• The ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
• Experience of working in Communications would be an advantage but is not vital
• Knowledge of software packages such as Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc. would be an advantage
Ideally you will be educated to degree, HND or equivalent level and have experience working for a small team producing content for websites, social media and print publications.
The role carries a competitive salary of £20,000 plus benefits that include pension, medical Insurance and 25 days holiday. Opportunities of early progression exist for the successful candidate.
Contact Antonia Grey, Public Affairs and Communications Manager with your cv and covering letter at email@example.com
Strictly no agencies please.