£40-50K plus bonus and benefits Home-based
Exciting opportunity to run several niche trade associations
We seek a Client Manager to be the client lead for a number of niche trade bodies – spanning a wide range of industry and business interests. The role will involve working with the voluntary leadership of each client to plan and deliver a programme of meetings, conferences, member services and issue management. The role will offer privileged access and insight into a wide range of sectors.
There will be administrative support.
A. The Company
Administration Services Ltd (ASL) was founded in 1988 and continues to successfully trade as an Association Management Company (AMC) – providing services to trade bodies and professional membership organisations. It is probably the largest independent AMC operating in the UK.
At present the company employs 16 full and part time staff. Our principal office is in Northallerton, the county town of North Yorkshire. We also retain a southern office address in South London (Airport House, Croydon). Several of our team work from their home bases and the company has a network of associates engaged to assist in the delivery of specific client projects.
ASL has equity holdings in an exhibition management company (Construction Equipment Events Ltd) and a website and graphic design provider (Enigma Creative Ltd).
B. Client Manager
Due to a planned retirement, a position has arisen for a Client Manager to be the client lead for a number of niche trade bodies – spanning a wide range of industry and business interests. The role will involve working with the voluntary leadership of each client to plan and deliver a programme of meetings, conferences, member services and issue management. The role will offer privileged access and insight into a wide range of sectors.
Administrative support will be provided for the successful candidate.
• Being the designated client lead and exceeding client expectations.
• Providing guidance and ideas to clients in setting programmes.
• Organising and attending client meetings and events.
• Ensuring appropriate and prompt responses to client association members and other contacts.
• Setting ASL internal goals and budgets – and promoting their delivery.
• Contributing to the development of ASL to promote its position in the association management market.
• Ability to manage the administration and conduct of meetings and events.
• Confidence to proactively engage with senior management in client member companies.
• Flexible approach to challenges and problem solving.
• Availability to travel for engagements in the UK and Europe.
• Keen appreciation of time management.
• Enthusiasm – and the ability to convey it.
• Experience of working within a committee/consensus environment.
• Knowledge of government and EU institutions.
• Understanding of engineering/technical-related issues.
• Involvement with business organisations an advantage.
Status: Permanent, subject to probationary period.
Remuneration: £39,750/£50,000 p.a. subject to experience.
Hours: 35 hrs per standard week.
Annual holiday: 22/25 days p.a. plus bank holidays.
Benefits: Private health cover (after qualifying period).
Bonus – subject to agreement.
Location: Base office, Northallerton – remote working offered.
G. Employer statement:
“We are in a good position in that we have regular approaches from organisations interested in our services. As a people business, we need to recruit colleagues who will give us the opportunity to continue to grow. Working with so many industries and professions is a real privilege for us.”
H. Footnotes: Association Management Companies
AMCs are very well established in the USA, with over 1,000 active companies. The AMC role is to offer a full secretariat facility to trade associations and professional organisations which don’t employ their own staff, or need some additional help. In the UK, there are over 4,000 organisations. Some are entirely run by volunteers, others have a large staff (e.g. the CBI, EEF etc.). The AMC market is between the two extremes.
ASL: ASL was founded in 1988, as a result of a management buy-out of the trade association services department of a chartered accountancy practice.
Clients: A list of ASL clients can be found at www.admin.co.uk.
I. Apply by CV and covering email to Niall Campbell (07795 564187). Niall is also very happy to discuss the position informally.
J. Closing date is 9am on Monday April 23rd