Job type: Full-time, permanent
The Institution of Lighting Professionals (ILP) is the UK and Ireland’s largest and most influential professional lighting association with 2,000 individuals and over 120 company members. It provides a range of services to members and the profession including education and training, technical advice and publications and a range of national and regional events.
The Chief Executive will guide the Institution through a period of structural reorganisation advising and guiding the Executive Board, implementing its strategic direction and managing the delivery of all business services.
Key duties include
· Initiating and contributing to policy formulation.
· Acting as Company Secretary ensuring compliance and due diligence in respect of the ILP’s status as a charity and a company.
· Managing the implementation of policy and strategy and reporting to Executive Board meetings.
· Liaising with governments and all other appropriate organisations fostering and developing relationships.
· Projecting the Institution at all levels and acting as ambassador for its objectives.
Applicants will have senior experience within a professional or trade association and be an excellent communicator.
They should be politically and diplomatically astute and with well-honed leadership skills.
They must have experience of meetings management at senior level and dealing with multiple complex projects simultaneously.
Applicants will be analytical in their approach and able to deal with people at all levels.
They will have business acumen, presence, gravitas and the ability to lead and motivate staff and volunteers.
Unsocial hours and travel are an integral feature of the role.
How to apply
If you’re interested in this role, please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org giving details of your experience and aptitude for the job, together with salary expectation.
Closing date for applications – 30 November 2017
Interviews – w/c 11 December 2017
No agencies please