Salary: £25k - £35k per annum (dependent on experience and success in role) and staff pension scheme
Reporting to: Chief Executive
You will be part of the IBVTA’s growing Westminster team which is responsible for the day to day leadership and management of the only UK trade association dedicated to the independent vape industry. You will drive membership acquisition across all membership tiers, and work closely with the CEO and Board of Directors to deliver our business strategy and associated commercial plan for the association. Salary increases will be dependent on performance against this development and membership recruitment remit. The role will be based in our Westminster office and will require some travel.
Key Responsibilities :
• Build and grow the association’s membership by developing relationships and membership with independent vape companies across all targeted tiers of membership.
• Liaise with Membership and Advice Line Manager to handover new member relationships.
• Work within the secretariat on supporting the acquisition plan across online and offline platforms
• Assist Membership and Advice Line manager in representing the association and driving new memberships at trade events.
• Build connections with potential new Commercial Partnerships.
• Deliver weekly and monthly progress and target reports to CEO.
• Develop business management methods and procedures to assist the CEO in maturing IBVTA commercial resilience and effectiveness.
The ideal applicant will:
• Have effective communication skills and experience in sales/membership acquisition.
• Be commercially driven, professional and used to communicating in a B2B function.
• Be comfortable developing and managing business improvement and development methods.
• Be highly organised, with good time management skills.
• Be ambitious and desire a new challenge that will provide significant opportunity for self-development and success-based remuneration reward.
About the IBVTA:
The IBVTA is the professional voice for the UK’s independent vape industry and is the only trade association dedicated exclusively to the independent sector. All IBVTA members are free from any ownership or control by the tobacco or pharmaceutical industries. The mission of IBVTA is to provide credible knowledge and guidance to support the independent vaping sector and promote constructive interaction between this industry sector and the scientific community, vapers, regulators, policy makers, and the general public. IBVTA fosters research and manufacturing excellence in order to deliver a robust yet proportionate consumer regulatory landscape that adequately reflects the needs of vaping stakeholders and recognises vaping as a sector in its own right.
Please send a covering letter and a copy of your CV to