Assessment Managers - Chemistry
West London office-based or UK home-based
UKAS is seeking experienced Chemists to take on Assessment Manager roles which have recently arisen. These roles will cover a number of laboratory sectors including environmental chemistry (soils, waters and stack emissions), drinking water, petrochemicals, paints & pigments, ores & minerals, metal assays, radiochemistry and general chemical testing.
The applicants will:
- Have experience of working within a chemistry laboratory, ideally to an ISO/IEC 17025 accredited system;
- Be educated to at least degree level in chemistry or related discipline;
- Have a sound and demonstrable knowledge of the application of quality practices including method validation, uncertainty of measurement, internal quality control, proficiency testing schemes and use of reference materials;
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal skills, being able to communicate effectively with laboratory staff and management at all levels;
- Preferably have experience in internal or third party auditing;
- Ideally have detailed technical expertise in one or more analytical chemistry techniques.
The successful candidates will be responsible for managing the assessment of laboratories throughout the UK and will appoint and lead assessment teams, participate in assessment visits, manage UKAS’ relationship with our customers and provide support to their colleagues on both technical and policy issues.
These positions involve extensive travel mainly within the UK and frequently require overnight stays.
Please see www.ukas.com for a job description and details on how to apply.
The closing date for applications is 31st March 2017.