West London office-based or UK home-based
Are you a forensic scientist with a keen eye for detail and a passion for improving the quality of service to the end user?
UKAS is looking for an Assessment Manager to support increased accreditation activities in the forensic sector. Assessment Managers coordinate and manage laboratory and Inspection Body assessments, lead assessment visits, evaluate technical competence and implement accreditation policy.
The successful applicant will:
- Have a number of years practical experience in the forensic science (for example, digital forensics, DNA testing, scenes of crime etc.).
- Ideally be educated to degree level.
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal skills - be able to communicate effectively with laboratory/inspection body staff and management at all levels.
- Ideally have some experience of internal auditing and ISO/IEC17025 and/or ISO/IEC 17020.
- We would consider somebody with an allied technical background in a regulatory environment i.e. drinking water or MCERTS
The successful applicant will be responsible for managing the assessment of laboratories/Inspection Bodies throughout the UK and will appoint and lead assessment teams, participate in assessment visits and provide support on both technical and policy issues.
This demanding role requires extensive travel mainly within the UK with some overnight stays.
The role will also require the successful candidate to be vetted to NPPV3 and SC level.
Please see www.ukas.com for a job description and details on how to apply.
The closing date for applications is 31st March 2017.