If you get a real buzz from working in busy environment and being a key member of a successful team, this could be the ideal vacancy for you. You’ll be joining an organisation at the very centre of the exciting hospitality (hotels, restaurants, pubs, clubs, etc) industry.
You’ll need to have good, solid experience in all administration skills and be able to demonstrate good accounts knowledge. You’ll be looking for the next crucial step up the career ladder.
Our client is looking for a full time member of staff to assist the Director and a small team running a busy and proactive trade association. CESA - the Catering Equipment Suppliers Association – it has over 180 members representing manufacturers and distributors of commercial catering equipment. You will be based at the association’s Head Office in Central London. You’ll be working closely with major companies who are suppliers to the hospitality industry and within an established and highly successful trade association.
This is a key role for someone with an outgoing, cheerful personality and confident administrative/secretarial/accounts skills. Excellent literacy and numeracy skills are essential. The successful candidate will require strong organisational ability. Liaison and support for the Association’s members is vital.
Ideally you should be a good all-rounder, very diligent, with a good eye for detail, with good organisational skills and be highly self-motivated. The role will be varied and very interesting.
The key tasks will be to:-
- provide support for the effective operation of the organisation and its meetings.
- undertake responsibility for diary management, query resolution, liaison with staff, meeting minutes, outbound calls to members and event attendance.
- attend meetings (some off site), notes taking, distribution of meeting minutes, agendas and associated activity.
- assist with conferences and seminars.
- assist and organise overseas export development.
- manage incoming and outgoing mail.
- provide effective accounts/credit control/expenses management.
- liaise with suppliers and consultants.
- fully IT literate and conversant with digital comms and social media.
- posses quick understanding of complex databases. including maintaining the CRM database and CESA’s web site.
- have working knowledge of PowerPoint.
- able to work with individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
- and, most importantly, a proactive team player.
This is a permanent, long-term opportunity in an established market leading organisation. Interviews will take place in London.
· salary = OTE £33,000pa (£30,000 + performance based bonus of £3,000).
· hours = 9.00am – 5.00pm (3.45pm on Fridays)
· holidays = 27.5 days
Apply with CV via email directly to John Wigg, Oak Recruitment.